Veterinary Manager Swine
About Zoetis - Veterinary Manager Swine
Are you a veterinarian and do you have high level practical experience in a swine practice or at academic/scientific level or experience in a comparable job in AH industry? If so, we have a vacancy for an Veterinary Manager Swine for The Netherlands working in the Business Unit Swine Benelux at Zoetis.
Zoetis is the leading global animal health company, dedicated to supporting its customers and their businesses. Building on more than 60 years of experience in animal health, Zoetis discovers, develops, manufactures and markets veterinary vaccines and medicines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. Zoetis serves veterinarians, livestock producers and people who raise and care for farm and companion animals with sales of its products in more than 100 countries. In 2022, the company generated annual revenue of $8.1 billion.
Zoetis has approximately 13,800 colleagues who support the business in sales, research and development, manufacturing and various global functions. When you join Zoetis, you’ll have the opportunity to learn, develop your skills and enrich your career in many ways – from on-the-job training and working on challenging projects to simply learning from peers and managers. They build their next generation of leaders by investing in the growth of their colleagues.
Scope of the position & key responsibilities - Veterinary Manager Swine?
Scope of the position
- Provide high quality veterinary expertise and support to Customers, Farmers and the Swine Business Unit in order to help achieve sales and growth objectives in the Swine segment within The Netherlands: Be the area representative for technical excellence to serve external stakeholders, with main focus on the customers and their farmers, and support the Dutch technical Swine team.
- To ensure our scientific resources and technical activities create and deliver unparalleled value to our customers and therefore become a major differentiator, create competitive advantage and contribute to the growth objectives of Zoetis’ Swine business.
- Responsible for the conduct of pharmacovigilance activities (collection, recording in the PV database, maintenance, evaluation and reporting of SAEs) within Zoetis Dutch Commercial Operations.
Your main responsibilities
- Customer support for Swine products:
- Investigate, visit, resolve or refer appropriately in line with Zoetis, industry and legislative guidelines. Respond to customer queries and complaints (including the PV cases) in a timely and effective way, applying the existing procedures; support for diagnostics; literature review; information for continuous professional development.
- Back-up the other Benelux Veterinary Managers (VM´s) if required. Carry out the cycle meeting activities as for the plan such as calls, meetings and clinical activities.
- Conduct all technical activities at customer level e.g., in-clinic meetings, round tables, multi-vet meetings, farmer meetings, stakeholder meetings, in farm problem solving, etc..
- Organize, conduct and follow up the in-practice activities along with the Account Managers (AM´s). Focus on providing in-depth technical/scientific information. Provide clinical, technical and scientific insights on ongoing studies/case experiences. Master technical objections. Ensure AM’s & Key Account Manager (KAM) are informed on timing of reach-out. Provide technical service to vets (literature review, etc.)
- Nurture customer growth & sales support for swine products
- Uncover further vet technical needs leading to new business opportunities. Build a relationship with a client in terms of scientific partnership. Foster customer’s value perception of Zoetis. Obtain commitment for further action (e.g.: user experience trial, slaughterhouse checks etc.). Provide proper technical training, guidance and advice of the AM´s for inline and new products. Give product and disease presentations for vets, KOL’s and farmers. Technical presentations during the cycle meetings is also part of the job.
- Marketing support for Swine products:
- Contribute to marketing strategy and product tactics through using technical knowledge and expertise. Identify market and environmental trends, commercial opportunities and priorities in line with overall AH strategic priorities and targets
- Feedback industry information. Source and interpret relevant technical data.
- External relationships:
- Keep contact with decision makers (key contacts and opinion leaders) at universities, institutes, Swine industry. Be(come) a preferred point of contact for all swine industry stakeholders present at the farm to bring Zoetis to a leading role in the Dutch swine industry. Develop excellent relationship with local vet schools and “not-vet” world. Ensure Zoetis is perceived as a valuable partner for the future. Act as an ambassador for Zoetis as a first-in-class workplace
- Internal stakeholders:
- Develop constructive internal relationships and liaise with team colleagues, across the Benelux Animal Health business. Contribute to projects and working groups to facilitate team working, the exchange of information and the development of business opportunities
- Responsible together with the NVM for the conduct of pharmacovigilance activities (collection, recording in the PV database, maintenance, evaluation and reporting in a timely manner of SAEs) within Zoetis Dutch Commercial Operations.
- Permanent development
- Ensure follow-up and filing of scientific information that appears on Zoetis Swine-products.
- Participate in relevant congresses, symposia and other scientific programs
The role requires most of the time to be spent in the field. On an average 80% of the time could be expected, necessitating sometimes nights away from home.
- Customers/ external stakeholders (about 80%):
- Support the team with the infield and launch activities in the Netherlands.
- Provide high-level medical consultancy to customers.
- Ensure proper conduct of clinical activities (e.g. Demonstration activities, on farm visits and technical advice etc.).
- Swine BU and Benelux organization (about 20%):
- Cooperate in a proper technical training to AMs & KAMs
- Ensure quality of technical activities (e.g. in clinic presentations, technical advice, clinical activities)
- Collaborate with Benelux VM’s to provide inputs for studies, technical related activities and tools.
What does Zoetis ask from you for this job as Veterinary Manager Swine?
Desired skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience
- Education (degree): DVM degree, with expertise in swine, is mandatory. Specialization in some therapeutic areas is a plus.
- High level practical experience is required: Vet experience in private and/or university practice.
- Additional previous technical roles in the AH Industry is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for various types of audiences.
- Languages: Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Other specific know-how: Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Power point. Basics of clinical studies conduct and evaluation of scientific publications.
- Honesty & Integrity.
- Flexible and resilient.
- Good team player.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to simplify highly technical issues.
- Excellent communication (‘teacher’) skills; strong verbal and written presentation skills.
- Demonstrates ability to own the Swine business and technical expertise: anticipates new customer needs and technical/scientific trends in the Swine business. Eager to permanently keep up-to-date with the latest scientific information in Swine and to transfer knowledge.
- Ability to influence leadership and to visualize needs, obtain buy-in and credibility.
- Capability to influence farmers and stakeholders in swine industry.
- Logical and pragmatic thinker.
- Good analytical skills
What can you expect from Zoetis?
- A challenging and varied role as part of a dynamic team in an inspiring working environment.
- An excellent salary and benefits package (bonus, 13th month, company car, daily allowance, etc.).
More information or interested in Veterinary Manager Swine?
If this job sounds attractive and you meet the profile please send your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to email@example.com for the attention of Jos Douven, Recruiter of click below for the direct link to the application page of Match Recruitment.
Because there is an exclusivity agreement between Zoetis and Match Recruitment for finding the right candidate, we kindly request you to contact us when you have questions and/or you want to applicate for his job.