Country Regulatory Specialist BeLux
Company profile - Country Regulatory Specialist BeLux
Founded in 2001, Certis was created from three businesses acquired by Mitsui & Co. Ltd during the 1990’s operating in the UK, France and Netherlands. It has since grown to become a European crop protection specialist providing sales and marketing services to its suppliers alongside development and regulatory support. In 2022 Certis merged with Belchim and they have a direct presence in all major west and east European markets, selling through local distributors. Outside Europe Certis Belchim markets its products through a worldwide network of national distribution partners. All their establishments are guided from their main offices in Utrecht, the Netherlands and Londerzeel in Belgium.
Certis Belchim’s parent company, Mitsui & Co., is a $102.4 billion global trading company (consolidated revenue), approximately 45.000 employees with diverse business interests in over 90 countries. Mitsui has a global presence in the agriscience sector and the company markets a wide variety of pesticides and biopesticides, as well as biological pest control products and services through its European, African, Japanese and US subsidiaries.
Certis Belchim offers besides conventional crop protection products also integrated crop protection solutions, which support their customers to grow healthy crops and has the ambition to grow in biological crop protection. The Global Registration Team coordinates and manages product registrations in partnership with suppliers and handles EU registration activities. The maintenance of existing registrations and the establishment of direct relationships with key registration officials are equally important. Each of the Certis Belchim branches has qualified regulatory staff and capability to register products on a national basis. The company has an informal no-nonsense company culture and a pragmatic working attitude with a serious focus on personal development and attention for personal interests.
In order to support its fast growth and achieve its ambitious expansion plans in crop protection, Certis Belchim is looking for a Country Regulatory Specialist for Belgium & Luxemburg. AFL Executive Search will assist Certis Belchim in this search, the goal being that the new Country Regulatory Specialist enters the company as soon as possible.
Job specification - Country Regulatory Specialist BeLux?
Within the global regulatory team, under the direction of the Central Zone Regulatory Affairs Manager, and in close collaboration with the Belgian technical and marketing teams, your main mission will be to proactively manage, implement and deliver all aspects of product registration in Belgium & Luxemburg, with a goal to:
- Ensure a close relationship with the local authorities.
- Maintain and develop a comprehensive understanding of the local rules and requirements.
- Report a tight watch at local political and social context that influence our industry.
- Define objectives and action plans for the registration strategies of Certis Belchim portfolio in Belgium & Luxemburg, in close collaboration with the Project Manager and the Development manager.
- Establish, defend and manage the budgets necessary to achieve the agreed objectives.
- Participate in the development of regulatory dossier for Belgium & Luxemburg.
- Being the regulatory referent Certis Belchim Belgium – Luxemburg, ensuring regulatory monitoring and a role of information and training on these subjects.
- Play the role of main contact for suppliers, shareholders, technical institute and authorities for all questions related to regulations.
- Participate in working groups of professional associations CropLife, IBMA, etc.
- Be responsible for the production and approval of regulatory texts that must appear on MSDS, labels and any other documents
Your profile - Country Regulatory Specialist BeLux?
- You obtained a Master’s degree with specialization in agriculture, biology, chemistry or equivalent discipline.
- This role requires relevant experience in a registration environment of plant protection products.
- You have knowledge of local and EU regulatory rules and guidelines
- You have an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of national authorities
- You are well organized and have strong planning skills.
- You are a good team player and can achieve results by working together
- You demonstrate strong communication skills.
What can you expect from Certis Belchim?
- A challenging position in a dynamic and international environment.
- An enthusiastic international team in an informal and stimulating atmosphere.
- Frequent contacts with other departments, foreign establishments and external partners.
- A competitive salary increased with several benefits in kind.
- Hybrid work: a combination of home office and office work from one of their offices in Europe.
Meer informatie of interesse in Country Regulatory Specialist BeLux?
- If this job sounds attractive and you meet the profile please send your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about this job you can also contact Jos Douven on +31 (0)6 5194 1954 or Mr. Sylvain Serra on +33 (0)6 3100 5831.
- All further details about Certis Belchim can be found on their websites Certis Belchim, Certis Europe and Belchim.
- More info about AFL Executive Search: AFL Executive Search GmbH
About AFL Executive Search
AFL Executive Search recruits people for strategic positions and specializes in the field of Agribusiness, Food and Life Sciences worldwide.
We match the most qualified candidates to the key positions in those organizations that focus on a healthy world with enough quality food for everyone, and connect the right people with the right companies across the world. From a selection of high qualified candidates we only pick the outstanding ones who will become the visionary leaders of tomorrow. We don´t just search for the best candidate, we also attract the right one.
We offer Executive Search services across all functional disciplines within the Agribusiness, Food and Life Sciences sectors, have strong knowledge of and commitment to these sectors and deliver the expected results. Through a no-nonsense, direct and personal approach AFL Executive Search acts as a full sparring partner for both companies and candidates.
We work across a wide range of sectors and positions:
- Agribusiness : Animal Nutrition, Animal Health, Animal Housing / Equipment, Animal Reproduction, Associations / Non-Profit, Bioproducts, Biotechnology, Crop Protection, Distribution, Environment / Energy, Farming, Fertilizers, Finance, Forestry, Fruit Growing, Horticulture, Machinery / Equipment, R&D, Seed, Viniculture
- Food : Bakery Products, Beverages, Confectionary, Chocolate, Dairy Products, Dry Food, Frozen Food, Meat & Fish, Ready Meals and FMCG
- Life Sciences: Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Clinical Research, Marine Biology, Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals