Job Veterinair - National Veterinary Manager Swine - Werving en selectiebureau varkenshouderij
Company profile - Job Veterinair - National Veterinary Manager Swine - Werving en selectiebureau varkenshouderij
Let op: Deze vacature reeds ingevuld! Niet meer op solliciteren s.v.p.
Are you a veterinarian and do you proven experience (min. 3 years) in a swine practice or at academic/scientific level or experience (min. 3 years) in a comparable job in AH industry? If so, we have a vacancy for a National Veterinary Manager Swine working in the Business Unit Swine Benelux at Zoetis.
Who are we?
Zoetis, formerly a business unit of Pfizer, is a leading global animal health company dedicated to discovering, developing, manufacturing and commercializing a diverse portfolio of animal health medicines and vaccines to meet the needs of veterinarians and the livestock farmers and companion animal owners. Vision is that our products, services and people will be the most valued by animal health customers around the world.
Zoetis is based on 60 years of experience in delivering quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostics products and genetics tests and supported by a range of services. Our mission is built on a six-decade history and singular focus on animal health to bring customers quality products, services and a commitment to their businesses.
Zoetis is a $4.2B Animal Health business, where our products are sold in 120 countries globally. We have approximately 9,500 colleagues globally across diverse skills, capabilities functions, including, field force, research and development, manufacturing, and various global functions supporting our businesses globally.
Job description - Job Veterinair - National Veterinary Manager Swine - Werving en selectiebureau varkenshouderij
Scope of the position
- To provide technical support and information to the Benelux Operations in order to help achieving sales and growth objectives in the Swine segment: Be the representative for Swine technical excellence to serve external stakeholders, with main focus on the customers. That means 80% time spending in the field.
- Properly implement the technical POA initiatives and provide high quality technical advice and support to Customers and Field Force (ABM, AMs) in the territory of competence. Support the BU initiatives.
- Ensure our scientific resources and technical activities. Create and deliver unparalleled value to our customers and therefore become a major differentiator. Create competitive advantage and contribute to the growth objectives of Zoetis Swine business.
- Provide technical support and information to the Benelux Operations in order to help achieving sales and growth objectives in the Swine segment.
- Provide technical support and information to the Benelux Marketing Manager in order to build and follow up the marketing campaigns.
Your main responsibilities
- Conduct all technical activities (e.g., in-clinic meetings, rounds tables, multi-vet meeting, etc.) at customer level.
- Organize, conduct and follow up the in-practice activities along with AM’s. Focus on providing in-depth technical/scientific information. Provide clinical, technical and scientific insights on ongoing studies/case experiences. Master technical objections. Ensure AM’s are informed on timing of reach-out. Provide technical service to vets (literature review, etc.)
- Customer support for Swine products:
- Investigate, visit, resolve or refer appropriately in line with Zoetis, industry and legislative guidelines. Respond to customer queries and complaints (including the PV cases) in a timely and effective way, applying the existing procedures; support for diagnostics; literature review; information for continuous professional development.
- Back-up the Belgian NVM if required. Carry out the POA activities as for the plan such as calls, meetings and clinical activities.
- Nurture customer growth & sales support for swine products
- Uncover further vet technical needs leading to new business opportunities. Build a relationship with a client in terms of scientific partnership. Foster customer’s value perception of Zoetis. Obtain commitment for further action (e.g.: user experience trial). Offer to create a contact with NVM/ other vets/ KOL. Provide proper technical training, guidance and advice of the AMs for inline and new products. Give product and disease presentations for vets, KOL’s and farmers. Technical presentations during the cycle meetings is also part of the job.
- Marketing support for Swine products:
- Contribute to marketing strategy and product tactics through using technical knowledge and expertise. Identify market and environmental trends, commercial opportunities and priorities in line with overall AH strategic priorities and targets
- Feed back industry information. Source and interpret relevant technical data.
- External relationships:
- Keep contact with decision makers (key contacts and opinion leaders) at universities, institutes, Swine industry and authorities (GD, VWA and Ministries). Ensure focused and efficient management of most important local KOLs (Identify, profile, create and execute annual plan for active local KOLs, Regularly touch base, exchange ideas, offer support/ help/ advice to KOLs, Reinforce Zoetis’ technical image)
- Develop excellent relationship with local vet schools and “not-vet” world. Ensure Zoetis is perceived as a valuable partner for the future. Act as an ambassador for Zoetis as a first-in-class workplace
- Internal stakeholders:
- Develop constructive internal relationships and liaise with team colleagues, across the Benelux AH business and contribute to projects and working groups to facilitate teamworking, the exchange of information and the development of business opportunities
- Monitor, answer and report adverse drug events in a timely manner
- Permanent development
- Ensure follow-up and filing of scientific information that appears on Zoetis Swine-products.
- Participate in relevant congresses, symposia and other scientific programs
Job demands of the Job Veterinair - National Veterinary Manager Swine - Werving en selectiebureau varkenshouderij
Skills & experience
- Level of Education: DVM
- Experience: Proven experience (min. 5 years) in swine practice or at academic/scientific level or experience (min.5 years) in a comparable job in AH industry
- Languages: mother language = Dutch!, fluent English. German is a Plus.
- Other Specific know-how: all round swine knowledge
- Scientific: specialization in specific domain is welcome
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for various types of audiences.
- Interest in new technologies
- Be able to organize activities independently
- Demonstrates ability to own the business and technical expertise: anticipates new customer needs and technical/scientific trends in the designated segment. Eager to permanently keep up-to-date with the latest scientific information and to transfer knowledge.
- Ability to influence leadership and to obtain buy-in and credibility.
- Good team player
- Logical and pragmatic thinker.
- Good analytical skills
- Customer focused.
- Honesty & Integrity
The individual will require considerable drive, energy, enthusiasm and leadership skills.
Core competencies are:
- Customer minded
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Confidence & commitment
- Concern for quality
- Seizes accountability
- Building expertise, development
- Acts decisively
- Holds people accountable
- The role requires regular & frequent time in the field. Between 3-5 days a week could be expected, necessitating sometimes nights away from home.
- The role also requires significant time (1 day per week) in the local head office (Zaventem – Cappele aan de IJssel) to ensure a close working relationships with the Marketing Manager, and other relevant members of the Swine Business Unit leadership team.
Physical position requirements
- Position location is based in Capelle aan de IJssel, the Netherlands and Zaventem, Belgium
- Domestic travel (field) for the function is required in the Netherlands
- Travel requirement outside the Netherlands (5-10%)
What can you expect from Zoetis?
- A challenging and varied role as part of a dynamic team in an inspiring working environment
- An excellent salary and benefits package
More information or interested in Job Veterinair - National Veterinary Manager Swine - Werving en selectiebureau varkenshouderij ?
If this job sounds attractive and you meet the profile please send your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to email@example.com for the attention of Jos Douven, Recruiter or push the button 'Solliciteer' below.
For more information about this job you can also contact Jos Douven on +31(0)6 – 5194 1954. More details about Zoetis can be found on their website. Click here
Because there is an exclusivity agreement between Zoetis and Match Recruitment for finding the right candidate, we kindly request you to contact us when you have questions and/or you want to applicate for his job.