Job Specialty Fertilizers - Business Development Manager - Recruitment Fertilizers
Please note: this vacancy has already been filled in!!
Founded in 1985 in Spain, Tradecorp is an expert company in micronutrients and specialty fertilizers and is known by distributors and growers as a producer of innovative specialty products. Firm philosophy is based on offering clients solutions which allow them to produce more with less, increasing efficiency, favoring sustainable development and finally providing a bigger return on their investment and efforts.
For the area consisting of Scandinavia and Eastern Europe and on behalf of our customer Tradecorp, we are looking for a:
Business Development Manager (m/f)
This manager shall build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals, and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Job Description of the Job Specialty Fertilizers - Business Development Manager - Recruitment Fertilizers
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to identify market specificities, local expectations and technical needs; you prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. You must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
You have to initiate the relation with new clients, set targets for sales and provide support that will strengthen the relationship. You are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
Strategic planning is a key part of your job, since it is your responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires creativity and a thorough knowledge of the market. Your job is to bring attractive solutions/services that the company can provide.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- New Business Development
Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
• Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
• Carry out market studies.
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
• Plan approaches and pitches, work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Participate in pricing the solution/service.
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
• Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Client Retention
• Renew products and services and enhance existing relationships.
• Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client satisfaction surveys.
• Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
• Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the clients.
• Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
• Work with technical, sales and marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites are fulfilled.
- You must have a strong will to succeed and a “pioneer” spirit, with readiness and capacity to overcome difficulties/hurdles.
- You should be a generalist with a strong capacity of adaptability and agility.
- Ability to acquire the necessary knowledge about Tradecorp products and understand the specificity, added value and benefits of the Tradecorp range is important.
- Having commercial experience with agriculture inputs (specialty fertilizers, seeds, crop protection, machinery...) would be ideal but if you come from other sectors like for instance the feed or the food industry, do not hesitate to apply.
- Knowledge of /experience in Eastern Europe is important to adapt and succeed in this position.
- Commercial talent is required.
- It is essential that you are able to deal with very different situations of countries in your area, some with ongoing business, some totally uncovered or third ones as ”project countries”.
- You should be versatile and flexible, able to handle very different issues and partners such as distributors, research institutes, legal authorities, big farmers or agro industry.
- Languages: fluent in English, good Russian knowledge. Another language (Spanish, French…) is a plus.
- Willingness to travel a lot within the geographical area of responsibility, i.e. Scandinavia and Eastern Europe (around 50% of the time) is required.
- Higher education in Agri/Agro is a plus but no absolute must.
- The position is linked to the Brussels head office where the management team is based, so you should ideally live not too far from it. However other possibilities will be considered, including if you live outside of Belgium.
What can you expect from Tradecorp?
- A challenging and varied role as part of a dynamic team in an inspiring international working environment.
- An excellent salary and benefits package (bonus, company car, laptop, GSM…)